"May we be protected. May we be nourished. May we work together with great energy. Let what we study be invigorating. OM. Peace, Peace. Peace."
Katha Upanishad (800-400 BCE)
We are delighted to announce that in this, the 12th Annual Year of Virginia Yoga Week, Yogis For Positive Change is expanding the Be Well Virginia Summer Wellness Campaign to include Studios and Independent Teachers in Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
The Be Well Summer Wellness Campaign begins on the Summer Solstice,
June 20th through the Autumnal Equinox, September 19th.
Events during the Wellness Campaign will focus on the joys of summer, yoga in the fresh air, listening to music at outdoor concerts, shopping at local farmers markets and spending time with family and friends.
- Wellness Events throughout the Spring and Summer include Spring planting in the Park, May 17th, The Montgomery Park.
- Free Yoga in the Park at Montgomery Park. Thursday evenings, May 16th through September 12th.
- Summer Concert Series
- Yoga on the Mall - May 19, 2019
- The Love Your Body Festival - June 9, 2019
- The Fifth Annual International Day of Yoga - June 16, 2019. Presented by the Embassy of India and Friends of Yoga
- Summer Solstice Celebration - June 20, 2019, in Montgomery Park
- Music in Your Asana Class - Muse or Misstep - June 23, 2019 at Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company
For additional details, please contact: Margaret Townsend 571-218-2161