Be Well Summer Wellness Campaign
June 20 – September 19, 2019
A Summer long celebration of mind, body and spirit. Featuring free yoga and wellness events throughout the state. VYW and Be Well Virginia are organized by River’s Edge Yoga, Yogis for Positive Change, the Virginia Yoga and Wellness community, Old Town North Community Partnership, Embassy of India, community volunteers and local businesses. Ask about the yoga passport!
- This event has passed.
9:00am-2nd International Day of Yoga to advocate for Yoga in Schools
June 19, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This year we want to move beyond celebration & want to make use of the opportunity of the 2nd International Day Of Yoga to advocate for inclusion of Yoga in Schools in the formal education of our children… the future of tomorrow. Who else can do that better than the father, parents, family & friends . So let us all come together, join hands for the change.
Join us at the National Mall same place (Sylvan Theater, National Mall ) on June 19th 9:00AM to spread awareness about benefits of Yoga if included early in a child’s life.
Join us for Demonstrations, Live Music, Laughter Yoga, Speeches & Dance Yoga ….to get us all grooving for a cause:)
Registration is now open 🙂
- Bringing Families and Friends Together on FATHER’S Day on the YOGA mat
- Day for All, Open to All
Why are we celebrating this event?
– We believe that Yoga and meditation practice should not be just limited to only young adults, but it should also include all the other age groups.
– We want to invite and welcome the volunteers and yoga enthusiasts teaching and practicing Yoga and meditation in the DC area for free.
– We want to generate awareness of Yoga and its benefits such as the development of spiritual awareness and emotional resilience among the students and teachers.
– For a charity cause
The proceeds from this event will go towards a charity cause. We will be funding the children taking a Yoga course over this summer. The Yoga course will be conducted in an underprivileged neighborhood for the children of Washington DC. The course will be available for at least on a weekday for 2 hours. An appropriate place like Church, School, and the open park will be identified to perform this activity.
– We already have a significant number of social and cultural organizations joining hands to make this event a success. Soon we will be organizing fundraising events and recruit volunteers for the day.